Monday, October 1, 2007

Rabies

ra·bies
n. an acute, infectious, often fatal viral disease of most warm-blooded animals, especially wolves, cats, and dogs, that attacks the central nervous system and is transmitted by the bite of infected animals.
In Pasig, two weeks ago, I was accidentally bitten by our two month-old puppy. Good thing, I only got a very very small wound on my right foot and it did not even bleed. To be sure, my mom and I went to RITM (Research Institute for Tropical Medicine) in Alabang, Muntinlupa City last September 23 to know what are we going to do for me to be properly treated because of a possible exposure to rabies. On that same day, I already had five injections. While two injections on each of the succeeding days. I had my third day lately, this afternoon and I have two more days left, that is equivalent to four more injections. Actually, hindi siya masakit, nakakapanghina siya.
I hope this simple blog entry let you know how many injections are needed to treat a possible exposure to rabies. So, BEWARE OF DOGS.

4 comments:

vya junaine teodoro said...

ouch! rabies =C huhuhu.

Addy Bee said...

... D:

I don't know if I had rabies or something else then but a cat scratched me before.

I got hospitalized for a few months because my fever wouldn't go away and bumps were appearing on my neck.

Then I had countless injections.

I actually thought it was soothing as well. I love seeing my blood. But only in THAT way, mind you. Cos it's helping me get better, in a way.

Haha. Anyways, interesting entry. o.o

Sounds like you had a blast getting injections. Lol.

And that bad puppy. Should've spanked that naughty doggie. xD

Lol. Hope you're getting better. <3

Catherine Denise said...

Dogs are man's bestfriend.

Sadly...

Its not the same for dogs.

Let's just say its a one way relationship.

Tough luck.

**ei... i read your "about me" thing...

(ayusin mo mga numero mo! 12 ang birthday ko at 32 ang baliktad ng jersey # ko.)**

x3 gaya gaya ka talaga.

Anonymous said...

Oh no... Cute puppy gave you fairly many injections..
Get better soon!!