Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Comparative Analysis (Music Videos)

"I Don't Wanna' Know", this first music video is one of my favorite songs. Anyway, in this music video, there was this guy who was very lonely and depressed. This guy was betrayed and cheated on by his girlfriend. In the music video, you can see how he reacted and how depressed he was with his problem.
Value Judgement (5 is the highest; 1 is the lowest): 3
My second choice of music video is "Lose Control" by Missy Elliot. It's all about dancing, particularly street dancing. It does not have any particular story, yet its cool.
Value Judgement (5 is the highest; 1 is the lowest): 4
The third music video is also one of my favorite songs. The music video is all about a black American guy who was mistaken by the police to be a robber. For me, the video is somehow showing discrimination on the black Americans because the guy was trying to explain but the police, whom are white Americans, refused it. Instead, they ran after the black guy and caught him. The police went to the owner of the store with the wrong guy. At the end of the video, the black guy was set free. This is "I Tried" by Bonethugs-n-Harmony. Check it out.
Value Judgement (5 is the highest; 1 is the lowest): 5
If you can notice, the three music videos that I chose and blogged about are all sung by Americans, black Americans. Black Americans are good in different kinds of r&b music which I am fond of listening to. I also love listening to rock music, but I am not into watching their music videos. Anyway, black Americans, for me, are much "higher" than the white ones. For example, in the movies, many also of the actors and actresses are black Americans. Movies with "black" celebrities are more likely to be clicking than movies with the "white" ones. In basketball, particularly in the NBA, majority of the reigning basketball stars now, and even in the past, are also "black". I do not idolize black Americans, but for me, they are more talented than the white ones.

1 comment:

Addy Bee said...

I like Bone Thugs-n-Harmony. :) But I actually thought they were the ones who sang, "Thugz Mansion", and then I remembered... it was Tupac. But anyway, I still like the group. "I Tried" is an interesting track. XD

Nice selection of songs. :D